Looking for a JavaEE Architect or Potential Tech Co-Founder?
Please don't hesitate to contact me.

Getting ComboBox selected value from System.Windows.Forms


combo.ValueMember = "variate_id";
combo.DisplayMember = "variate_name";
combo.DataSource = dataset.Tables[0];


What happened here is when I bind the DefaultView of the table to the ComboBox object, I get a DataRowView as SelectedValue/SelectedIndex, which is not what I wanted to.

What work for me is to get the DataRowView and get the SelectedValue in ItemArray


DataRowView row = (DataRowView)combo.SelectedItem;
int x = (int)row.Row.ItemArray[0]; //this will return the selected variate_id


I wonder why SelectedValue is not working, the way it works on the web counterpart.
Getting ComboBox selected value from System.Windows.Forms Getting ComboBox selected value from System.Windows.Forms Reviewed by czetsuya on Monday, September 28, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.