no

Google Webmaster Tool - How to index more than 26 posts

Each time I check my Google Webmaster Tool, I always notice the total number of indexed posts to be 26 (no more no less). Which is ok if ...


Each time I check my Google Webmaster Tool, I always notice the total number of indexed posts to be 26 (no more no less). Which is ok if you have a few posts, but lately I've been blogging a lot and still the same number of indexed posts.

Solution:
By using atom, we can submit more than 26 posts in Webmaster's Tool.

Format:

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=start&max-results=count


Always include the redirect=false parameter, without it blogger will throw an error.
-start: where Webmaster will start indexing
-count: total posts to index

So example start=1, and count=100. Index = 1 to 100.


atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=100


How about for blogs with greater than 100 posts, then simply add another sitemap to the Google's Webmaster Tool:


atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=101&max-results=100


So the formula is:

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=start&max-results=n //start to n
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=(start + n)&max-results=n //start + n to n * 2
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=(start + n * 2)&max-results=n //start + n * 2 to n * 3
//where
//start = 1
//n = 100

Post a Comment Default Comments

item