no

Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS

After half a day of several retries, I've finally managed to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS. And here's how I did it: What you need: 1.)...

After half a day of several retries, I've finally managed to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS. And here's how I did it:

What you need:
1.) redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc11
2.) iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore

Actually that's all there is to it :-D. Instructions on how to set it up are everywhere on the internet. Just take note that your firmware version 5.x needs to update to 6.15, for the jailbreak.

Extract redsnow, run the application. Locate the iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore. Make sure that your iPhone is shutdown before doing this. Running red snow will boot it up and start the jailbreak.

After that you should have Cydia installed on your iPhone's desktop.
1.) On Cydia, under Manage tab click the Settings and change to Developer. Click Done.
2.) On Manage Tab, click Sources
3.) Click Edit->Add
4.) Add the following URL:
a.) djayb6.com
b.) repo666.ultrasnow.com

Here's the common things I usually install first (You can search them on the Search Tab either as Developer or User):
core utilities, SBSettings, WinterBoard, OpenSSH, MobileTerminal, FiveIconDock
apt-key

Post a Comment Default Comments

item